Selling your house is a big decision, and it’s important that you think about it for a while before making your final decisions. One question has to be addressed more than other, however, and that is the importance of knowing whether or not to add new amenities, accessories and upgrades to your rooms in order to make them more appealing and increase the overall value and price of your Greenfield home. Of course, you have to think about the budget and time you have at your disposal, as well as what new upgrades might actually be necessary in the climate of the 80016 area you live in.
To accessorize your home, you can start with some restoration and renovation work in your kitchen and bathroom. You can add a new bath tub and brand new fixtures, get rid of the wall and door separating your kitchen from the living area, and maybe even add a bar. Also, consider turning your basement into a second living room, a game room or a home theater to leverage that additional living space.
Finally, practical upgrades to homes in 80016 area could also be helpful, such as a newer and more effective heating source or adding an electric fireplace and a brand new, stylish couch to your living room. Literally the sky is the limit when considering all of these options.
Getting a good listing and hiring a reliable real estate broker to help you sell your home is difficult even at the best of times. However, when the winter season arrives, you’ll find that, paradoxically enough, there are a lot more reliable realtors around to help you.
A good listing agent marketing homes for sale in zip code 80016 can assist you in listing in your home to the MLS even during the beginning of winter, and help get the word out that you’re selling your home. This means you will be able to leverage the fact that many interested buyers are actively looking for a home in this period, and you might even get a few phone calls from prospective buyers during the holidays.
Even though everything moves a little slower in the winter, you can typically get your home ready both functionally and aesthetically to receive buyers, and with the help of a reliable realtor, you can do it fast. Also, you’ll be surprised to see just how many buyers will be lined up to see your home, and how much your realtor can help you stage your home and prepare a viable negotiation plan to get the best price.
The best realtors also have a working internet marketing strategy they can tailor to your home, so you can rely on cutting edge property websites and SEO optimization to ensure that the pictures and descriptions of your home will reach just the right buyers.
A lot of people think that selling in the winter is a bad idea. However, as many realtors will tell you, there are actually numerous advantages to selling your property before or even during the winter holidays:
- Not a lot of people are selling in this period, which means that, according to some realtors listing Greenfield homes for sale, you can attract more interested buyers and possibly even raise the price of your home while still getting good offers.
- The Christmas holidays can help you sell your home far more efficiently. You can decorate your entire property with tasteful decorations and show buyers what they might be missing out on if they don’t purchase your home right away.
- In many places, the winter months are outside the normal season. That means a lot of opportunistic buyers will be out looking for homes and trying to get good deals.
- Realtors aren’t doing that much in this period, so they won’t be too busy to help you sell your home for a good price. Many listing brokers will be a lot more interested in helping you, than they would be during other times of the year.
- Some buyers have very few options, and might feel that they have to accept a great offer as soon as it appears. So, if you can stage your home properly and offer a suitable price, you can sell it right away, rather than waiting long weeks or months and eventually having to reduce the price just so your home can sell.
It’s not uncommon for homeowners to try to increase their home value, especially prior to attempting to sell the property. If that’s your plan, however, it’s important to avoid many of the pitfalls that would lead you to invest a lot of money into certain renovations that might not even yield as much of a profit overall.
Instead, according to agents listing Todd Creek homes for sale 80602, here are 5 ways you can efficiently increase your home’s value:
- Focus on functional changes. Make sure your plumbing, electric and sewage systems work properly.
- Get busy painting your home and either patching up or replacing your roof entirely. A new roof can not only increase curb appeal, but also get buyers to offer you a higher amount for your home.
- Install an outdoor kitchen. Even though this isn’t a popular option for winter, it can still increase your home’s value, especially if you sell it to a family that loves to plan barbecues in the summer.
- Consider a basement remodel. Adding extra living space to your home will effectively increase its value to a significant extent.
- Look up affordable options for smart features and IT elements you can immediately integrate with your home to turn it into a modern smart home.
When staging homes for sale in Heritage Todd Creek Thornton CO, it’s important to consider the time you’re in, and the Christmas and New Year Holidays are great when it comes to using decorations to your advantage to sell for a profit. Of course, while setting up holiday decorations to attract buyers is a good thing, it’s also important not to overdo it.
One of the first things to consider is how personalized your decorations are. Avoid religious tokens and personalized items such as “best dad” tree ornaments. Instead, consider nameless stockings, colored but sparingly added Christmas lights, or generic decorations such as mistletoe and sleigh bells, to create a tasteful décor that isn’t too “in your face.”
It’s also important to avoid items such as reindeer on the roof, angels with flapping wings or a large statue of Santa Claus right next to your front door. Such items can be distracting, and most buyers will not respond to them in a very positive way. Instead, keep your decorations classic, avoid putting presents on display, and even avoid having a tree, if possible.
If you have a fireplace, you can decorate it using tasteful, wooden decorations and traditional items. It’s also a great idea to light a fire and have it ready by the time the buyer arrives, so that they can easily envision how beautiful the fireplace will look and feel once they have their own Christmas celebrations surrounding it.
When choosing a real estate professional in the state of Colorado, it is essential that you get the most experienced and skilled realtor, like Tom Ullrich – RE/MAX, to back you up. For sellers in particular, it’s a good idea to ask the following questions before hiring a listing agent:
- How well do you know the area? In Colorado, like everywhere else, realtors operate based on specific farm areas where they learn everything about that particular city, neighborhood or county. It’s very important that the realtor you hire be knowledgeable about the area your home was built on.
- How long do you expect the process to take? It’s a good idea to inquire as to whether or not the realtor has a strategy to sell your home or to find you a home to buy. For sellers, the more a property stays on the market, the harder it will subsequently be to sell it at a good price.
- Do you have a valid real estate license? Asking about a license and doing a quick background check on the agency or the broker you’re working with can be a good idea, as you will want to make sure that they are well-trained and competent enough to handle your real estate sale or purchase.
The importance of getting decorations and items that increase the curb appeal of your home is equally high regardless of the season. In autumn and winter, however, you might want to try a different strategy as opposed to summer and late spring, when not only the weather, but the demand for real estate will also be very different.
In the autumn and winter, curb appeal differs mainly because the weather is different and the focus will be more on aesthetics rather than functional exterior items and decorations.
- A new outdoor kitchen might do wonders in the summer, but in the winter you’d be better off simply giving your home a makeover and installing a few durable outdoor decorations that can be easily made visible regardless of the weather. A rock garden, a unique fountain and soft lighting that highlights the shapes of your trees and garden rather than the color, should be among the first things you think of.
- A new fence – or giving your old one a new makeover and paint job – can also carry a lot of weight.
- The same can be said about a brand new roof. Of course, you will have to keep any modifications within your available budget, but realtors with homes for sale in Aurora 80016 ask you to keep in mind that a more expensive project such as a roof replacement can add a great deal more money to your potential profits.
When it comes to celebrating the holidays, most people might be weary about selling. However, a realtor marketing homes for sale in 80016 suggests that this is what might make your home a hot commodity. Possible buyers will have far fewer options when trying to find a good deal.
Of course, this still isn’t necessarily a good reason to decorate the tree and put up that mistletoe when you know that you might have to organize a showing or two during the holiday season. However, many realtors are of the opinion that cleaning and decorating your home will actually help encourage buyers, rather than chasing them away.
It’s best to decorate and be festive, as well as preparing traditional meals and snacks, but don’t go overboard with the decorations. A simple tree and some empty boxes underneath, as well as a few lights and decorations around the house are fine, but it might not be a good idea to turn your entire home into a Christmas palace.
Throwing a party could help even more, as you can invite a lot of your friends and family members, and chances are that at least one of them will either want to buy a new house or knows someone who is in the market. So don’t hesitate to go all out and organize a grand party next time you plan to sell your home during the holidays.
After closing a deal, thanking your hard working Greenfield realtors for a job well done should be one of the first things you do. While it’s not a necessary step to foster a good relationship with most real estate professionals, it will definitely get you closer to them, so that next time they find an offer that might interest you, you’ll be the first to know about it.
Consider striking up a conversation with your realtor to find out what he or she enjoys more. While you don’t have to make it too obvious, you can ask a few questions or even talk to a mutual acquaintance or friend about it, to learn more about their interests.
There is really no clear cut way to find something that all realtors might enjoy. It’s best to go with the specific interests of the person instead. So, if your realtor enjoys good java or tea, you might get them a coffee maker or a good quality tea diffuser. If you know that they enjoy refined drinks, you can go as far as to get them a nice vintage wine.
Make sure you avoid gifts that are too cheap or too expensive ($50 to $100 should be a good pricing range for most gifts), and also avoid highly personalized gifts if you don’t know the person too well. It’s best to avoid gifts that they might like to pick out themselves, such as clothing items, and it might also be a good idea to not buy anything too striking or funny. Just keep it casual, and everything should be all right.
What does a professional Greenfield real estate agent do?
- Advises the owner to set a fair price for the property they want to sell.
- Helps the person interested in buying real estate to identify the perfect option
- Promotes your property more efficiently and quickly, which will bringyou more potential customers
- Helps you negotiate
- Provides you with step-by-step advice during the transaction
Having a Greenfield real estate agent by your side when you sell your home is Colorado is of utmost importance and considering all the advantages you benefit from, you may think about ways to say Thank you to your agent, when the time comes and the transaction is finished successfully.
But what to give?
First of all, we have to say that you have no obligation to offer anything, unless you really feel like. Probably the best thank you is a referral that turns into a new client for your agent. If you like him/ her because he/ she was hustled to see your deal through, and even went beyond the call of duty, you should recommend them to everyone.
A really nice card with some personal note is also a great idea. If the sale closes, your agent will get its fair financial share of the deals, so a nice and simple note of “Well done, thank you!” can be very satisfying.