If you have made the initial decision to sell your home, be aware that there are lots of things that you have to take care of. Here are some:
- Refresh the looks of your home to make it more attractive – there are lots of efficient, free or low-cost improvements, such as painting, cleaning, door replacement, fence repair and landscape remodeling, that drive great value without incurring high costs;
- Figure out the asking price – the most accurate way is to get your property evaluated by an experienced real estate appraiser;
- Figure out how you want to advertise your property – you can turn to an experienced Greenfield real estate agent who will handle the entire process for you, you can create your own classified ad and publish it on various websites, platforms, listings and in printed media, case in which you will have to handle the presentation (called home staging) and the sales process on your own as well;
- Sign the sales contract – after you have shown the document to a lawyer to make sure it is formulated correctly;
- Pack your belongings and arrange for the transport of your stuff to your new location – this is the final phase of the selling process and the beginning of a new phase in your life.