The situation caused by the corona virus pandemic has hit real estate markets hard, but most experts agree that the recession is temporary and real estate prices will soon come back to almost their expected levels.
The year 2020 started as a very good one for the real estate market in all areas, for the residential, industrial and commercial segment alike. The pandemic has caused both sellers and buyers to step back, but as the pandemic is slowly moving towards its end, the real estate market is likely to come back to life, too. Experts say that the beginning of summer is likely to see increased interest on the side of both sellers and buyers, but the duration of that active period will probably be determined by the corona virus again: if the pandemic that we are all faced with right now ends without the virus coming back later during the year, the real estate market is likely to recover quickly to the level forecast before the corona virus outbreak, but if the virus reactivates itself in fall or in winter, the real estate market is likely to react quickly and become passive again. Real estate prices will probably follow the up and down pattern as well, showing a slight increase during the summer and falling back in fall and winter. Talk to REMAX real estate expert Tom Ullrich about the average price of houses for sale in Greenfield, and what you can expect during this changing market.
In the past, hosting an open house was the only way to present a home up for sale. The method is today considered one of the inefficient ones – open houses attract all sorts of people, most of them not even sure whether they have the money to buy a house at all and many price hunters, not to mention the privacy and security concerns of have too many strangers in your home at the same time.
Fortunately, modern technology can be used for presenting your home without having to organize a tour for unknown people – here are some tips from expert Greenfield realtors:
- High resolution pictures – modern digital devices are today capable of shooting great pictures, so you can create a great gallery of pictures of your home and you can add them to your online listings;
- Panoramic videos – high-resolution, panoramic videos are also great for showing your home to interested buyers;
- Creating a virtual tour – this method requires some skill, but there are lots of great applications that you can use for creating a virtual tour of your home.
Whichever of the above methods you choose, you will have to prepare your home the same way you would with an open house, highlighting its assets and showing its best face.
The end of spring is always the busiest period on the real estate market – according to the statistics, the homes listed during this period are viewed by a much higher number of visitors and the homes listed in this period spend fewer days on the market than the properties listed during the rest of the year. Seasonality seems to be a very important factor that will determine the success of your selling attempt – here are some reasons why the end of spring is such a great period for selling your home:
- Great weather – most people start looking for new projects, such as shopping for their new home when the weather turns comfortable;
- Tax refunds – many people get their tax refunds by the end of spring or the beginning of summer, which also means that they have more money in their pocket and they are more determined to invest into real estate;
- Job growth – the construction industry is a major factor in the economy of most states and regions. The building business usually becomes more active in spring, so that is when the segment starts attracting new labor force and, as a consequence, that is when a huge number of new buyers start looking for homes to buy.
If you are looking for top selling Greenfield homes for sale, talk to real estate expert Tom Ullich at REMAX.
Buying a home is a huge investment and can prove to be a complicated process for people who are not sufficiently prepared. There are many details and operations involved in a real estate transaction and, if you are not careful or lack the necessary experience, you might lose focus and make uninspired decisions, which, over time, may prove to be catastrophic. This is definitely to be avoided, so you should inform yourself about the whole home buying process before making an investment. Fortunately, information is everywhere and there is a lot of literature written to support the home buying experience. Here are our recommendations:
- “Real Estate Smart” (M. Parker)
- “Buying a Home: The Missing Manual” (N. Conner)
- “Tips and Traps When Buying a Home” (A. S Park)
- “ Your First Home” (G. Keller, D. Jenks, J. Papasan)
- “Keep Calm … It’s Just Real Estate” (E. Sherrod)
- “The Mortgage Encyclopedia” (J. Guttentag)
- “House Keys” (L. Turner)
- “The Big Ass Book of Home Décor” (M. Montano)
- “Finding the Uncommon Deal” (A. Leitman Bailey)
- “Home Rich” (G. Willis)
- “Buying a Home” (A. Musgrave)
- “Buying a Home in Texas” (A. Musgrave)
- “Tips and Traps When Buying a Home” (R. Irwin)
- “Home Buying For Dummies” (E. Tyson, R. Brown)
- “No Nonsense Real Estate” (A. Goldstein)
If you would like to speak to someone who has 35+ years in the industry, call Tom Ullrich – RE/MAX. Tom adds a personal touch to the real estate business through his honesty, experience, and character. He works with care and integrity to make sure all his clients receive the upmost service.
A recent study has shown that more and more people prefer investing their money into new homes instead of existing ones. “New” means newly built properties, where no one has lived before, or houses purchased during construction.
Let’s see what the main advantages of looking at new homes for sale in Todd Creek Thornton CO are:
- A house under construction can be modified much more easily
- The construction team does all the work; you will not have to worry about making modifications on your own
- New homes have many design elements that the lifestyle requires nowadays: brightness, storage, dining room, spacious bathrooms etc.
- You will not have much work to do about maintaining the new home – which is a huge financial advantage. With new appliances, pipe system, heating system etc., you should have no problems, at least for a few years.
- Recently built houses, made of new construction materials, with adequate insulation and ventilation, usually have a low energy consumption, which means that you pay less for heating and cooling.
- New homes are usually equipped with the latest technology – alarm systems, internet, etc. – which will save you money and prevent the need to make holes in the walls for installing them.
- You will move into a house that is close to perfection, and the new construction smell is truly a luxury!
The quality of the construction works is undoubtedly one of the main problems that people who want to build their house must deal with. When you select a home builder, especially if you do not have information about the respective company, it is advisable to ask for references (previous projects, contact details of previous clients), visit some of the construction that the company has already accomplished and discuss with the owners to get an overview of the way the company works and manages different situations.
Also, the following questions might help you receive useful answers:
Is your team stable?
A reliable construction team is one whose members have been the same for a long time, and STABILITY is the watchword. This is a good indicator that your home building project is in good hands. Check with reputable realtors regarding the integrity of homes built in the 80016 area. They will assure you that these homes were built with quality and care to last through generations of families.
What can you do to increase the market value of my house?
It is important that your home builder is able to add value to the project. Whether it is a more special entrance driveway, a better-proportioned garden or a multi-purpose garage, the builder should come up with ideas that will increase the value of your house on the real estate market.
Are you familiar with the local building codes?
Your home builder should comply with all SAFETY RULES, LEGISLATION IN FORCE and all other rules imposed by local authorities.
When you want to buy a house, an open house event is an excellent opportunity to visit it, which is one of the most important steps in your prospective process. Do not treat it lightly, because just such a visit will give you the decisive impetus in choosing your home.
Touring homes for sale in Heritage Todd Creek Thornton CO allows you to identify potential red flags, as well as provides important information you can use in price negotiation. An open house viewing at Heritage Todd Creek also gives you the opportunity to see upscale home properties, and a means with which to compare all other places and neighborhoods you are interested in.
Assuming that when you go to an open house event, you are already relatively familiar with the neighborhood, and this is to your liking, there are several other things evaluate carefully.
You have to observe the façade, the way it looks, especially structurally speaking (solid, no cracks etc.). If the house is insulated, this detail may not be obvious, so you will have to be even more careful when you visit the interior of the house. Ask and verify (in the deeds of ownership) the year when the house was built and make sure the price reflects its age.
If a lot of things can be fixed in and around the house, when it comes to structural issues, these are the worst and you should be very careful about them. You must not worry about any hairline crack, because most buildings have them, but large gaps are definitely a red flag, as they could indicate foundation problems.
The Colorado real estate market is among the ones in the country that are the most dynamically developing and changing. There are many reasons that account for this dynamism, the most important one probably being the flourishing job market and the rapidly developing economy in the state – the spectacular mountain state has been attracting numerous companies and with these companies come people searching for employment and looking for housing as well. The area is also among the healthiest regions in the entire country – an aspect that makes it even more inviting.
Given the high demand, the state’s real estate market is a seller’s market – whether we are talking about residential, commercial or industrial property, now is the time to sell. As in any market dominated and governed by the interests of the sellers, real estate prices in Colorado keep going up. The increase has slowed down a bit compared to previous years, but the process is far from coming to a halt. Interestingly, though, affordable real estate is still available – real estate development projects – look at beautiful Todd Creek homes for sale 80602 – have been extended to neighborhoods and areas that used to be unpopular, but are now connected with infrastructure to important settlements and public safety has also been restored, making these districts attractive, but accessible for the time being.
Most houses are not ready to be sold or not in their best shape when the owners decide to put them on the market – if you are the owner of a house that is almost ready, but not yet, here are a few affordable projects that you can complete to make your sought after Greenfield real estate property as attractive as can be:
- Make sure that all your rooms are well illuminated – get some bulbs and, if necessary, install a couple of attractive new lamps and fixtures – a well-lit home is more welcoming and therefore much easier to sell;
- Work on your landscape a bit – prune your trees and bushes, clean your garden, mow the lawn and create some flower beds or little rock gardens to make your property more inviting;
- Add a fresh coat of paint wherever needed – clean walls of an attractive color will instantly make your building look friendlier and will impress your potential buyers;
- Declutter your home – when you sell your home, you will have to move out, so why not remove the clutter before you list your property? Be prepared that the decluttering process is likely to take time and you might need a container for it, too, so start early.
Buying property is never easy, but the process can be made much simpler if you adopt a strategic approach. Here are some tips:
- Start putting your strategy into practice in time – the process of buying a home should start much earlier than with the moment when you find your dream home. When you make up your mind to buy a home of your own, take a long and critical look at your finances and determine whether there are any ways to improve your situation. Try to find methods to improve your credit score – think about rolling all your credit card debts into one, more substantial debt and figure out other ways to improve your creditworthiness, too;
- Turn to an experienced and trustworthy real estate expert – find an agent or a realtor who really knows the real estate market in the area that you like best; hiring an expert on homes for sale in 80602 is a much more efficient way to find a home in that area than searching for the right place on your own;
- Be prepared to negotiate – when your credit score is as good as can be, get a credit preapproval letter from your bank – the document is a great tool to convince the seller that you are a serious buyer and might help you cut the price, too. Offering a more substantial down payment or longer move-out time might also put you into a good negotiation position.